Friday, December 4, 2009

Silver with Browns, Grey, Golden Yellow & Purples




I wanted to do a grey smokey eye for the holidays, and since we were going for our Christmas tree I wanted to look extra nice for family pictures. I wanted to do a grey smokey eye but not a traditional just black, grey and white. So I paired it with some browns, and golden yellows. Tulio told me..."Hey you should add a little purple in there.." and boy was he right. I just patted on some purple over the whole look and it came out gorgeous. Get your family or friends involved or your boyfriend, or girlfriend and ask for input! sometimes it's great to get inspiration from all types of venues.

The palette I got at DD Discounts a store out here in the Bay Area. I got it for only $4.99 and it is pigmented sooo much I was so so impressed. I know you can also get this palette at TJMAXX since a friend of mine has found the same palette there. Well I hope you enjoy the look and please let me know your thoughts!

Eyes:
Heavenly Naturals eye primer
BR Palette:
first picture-
-2 golds to mix for under brow highlight
-2 beige colors to make brow highlight
second picture-
-#1 light brown color (crease blended into yellow goldish color under brow highlight)
-#2 medium shade brown color (crease to darken and lift brown)
-#3 sparkly black (outer v to darken)
NYX Cosmetics pearl pigment in "Silver Pearl" (middle of lid & mirrored on lower lashline)
NYX Cosmetics pearl pigment in "White Pearl" (tear ducts & lower lashline tear duct area)
Urban Decay eyeshadow in "Flash" (pressed over all eye shadows in crease to make a purple touch)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in "1999" (lower lashline)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in "Zero" (waterline)
NYC liner in "Black" (lid)

Blush-
MAC blush in "Eversun"
Heavenly Naturals blush in "Blushing 10"

Lips-
Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine in "Orchid-#60"






6 comments:

  1. This is stunning!!! I love that silver. You're gorgeous, as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I never know what to do with silvers! This is lovely. <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beyond amazing. i'm not even lying. u do a fabulous smokey eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn girl! This is so fly!. Alejandra, if you were to put colors that look atroscious together, you would still end up with a banging look. Does anybody else thinks that Ale's eye makeup looks airbrushed on or is it me???? I need to get on your level girl. Lemme go practice some blending, lmao! Oh and when you get so free time, pls make a grab button gor your site. I have a (html) button code if you need one. All yoe would have to do is plug in an image. Lemme, know!

    ReplyDelete